Tax Planning and Compliance
Our tax department is led by David Simpson, a Chartered Tax Advisor and fellow member of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants with over 20 years experience working in practice.
Tax Compliance Services
We provide tax compliance and planning services to small and medium sized enterprises, sole traders, partnerships, companies and private individuals who pay tax under the PAYE system.
We will ensure that you meet statutory filing dates for tax returns and make payments by appropiate due dates to avoid the imposition of interest by the Revenue Commissioners. Where possible we will advise you on appropriate tax avoidance steps to minimise these liabilities.
Our tax services include Personal Tax; Corporation Tax; VAT; Relevant Contracts Tax(RCT); Capital Gains Tax(CGT); Capital Acquisition Tax(CAT); and PAYE/PRSI.
Tax Planning Services
A decision on buying or selling a property, making an investment, retiring from or selling a business or making a gift to an individual or family member usually triggers a tax liability which can be legally minimised or avoided in certain circumstances by proper advance tax planning. Accordingly, it is advisable to seek professional tax advice before the decision is made and the event occurs.
- Tax efficient retirement planning – When preparing your annual income tax returns, we will advise you on the tax savings available by contributing to a pension plan. When you reach retirement age, we will advise on the most tax efficient way of drawing down the benefits of your pension plan.
- Transfer of a business to a company – As a business grows, the protection of limited liability offered by a company structure can become more attractive. We will advise you on all the tax implications of transferring your sole trader/partnership business to a company.
- Succession planning – Transferring a business to the next generation is a complex affair. There are a number of ways of minimising the tax liabilities arising from the transfer that we will be happy to acquaint you with.
Income and Corporation Tax:
- Preliminary tax – Preliminary tax is an estimated tax payment made before the end of your financial year. We advise all our clients on the appropriate amount to pay to ensure interest and penalties are not incurred.
- Preparation of Tax computations and returns – We will complete your income tax and/or corporation tax returns and submit these with the necessary documentation to the Inspector of Taxes on your behalf.
- Review of all tax assessments – We review all tax assessments issued by the Inspector of Taxes for completeness and accuracy and advise you on the timely payment of any outstanding tax liabilities.
Contact David Simpson in relation to any of the above on 071 91 42200 or at firstname.lastname@example.org