Senior Practice Accountant
Mulhern Leonard Chartered Accountants & Tax Consultants are a progressive medium sized firm of Chartered Accountants with offices in Sligo and Boyle, Co. Roscommon. We specialise in services to small, medium, and large sized businesses and have acquired a wealth of experience in this area. Our services include audit, accounting, tax, internal audit, payroll and bookkeeping, corporate and business recovery, business consultancy, financial services, company secretarial and corporate finance.
We are seeking a dynamic practice accountant to join our team in Sligo. The ideal candidate will have an extensive background of experience in accounts preparation & financial reporting for sole traders and companies , corporate & personal tax compliance , audit of SME clients, advisory services and experience in supervising junior staff and dealing face to face with clients and other stakeholders. This position will suit a newly qualified accountant with ambition to succeed.
Areas of responsibility:
- Preparation and review of routine financial reports to include annual financial statements and taxation compliance returns to include Income & Corporation tax, VAT & Paye/Prsi that are essential to the effective support of the financial function of the client.
- Managing a portfolio of clients and the provision of business advisory support to these clients
- Working with existing clients to develop new business opportunities
- Identifying and promoting additional services (tax planning / wealth management / corporate finance) and support to clients. Referring such services to our in – house consultants
- Provide technical and business and commercial advisory support to clients
- Working to deadlines and budgetary measures and other KPI essential for the efficient functioning and growth of the practice
- Liaising with Management and staff on co-ordination and alignment of work-flow strategy
- Liaising and co-ordinating with internal staff members and providing them with support, guidance, and training to trainees
- Reporting to Audit partner, manage, plan & complete small SME audit.
- Experience in completing audit, of regulated clients including legal firms, small charities and not for profit organisations preferable but not essential.
- Qualified ACA/ ACCA/CPA or a similar accounting related qualification
- A minimum of 5 years’ senior experience in an accountancy
- Excellent attention to detail and comfortable working on own initiative
- Work to tight deadlines
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to multi-task and prioritise work effectively
- Good working knowledge of Relate/Sage Accounts , ROS & Microsoft Office – competence in Excel essential
- Fluent written and oral English
- Good working knowledge of software packages in use by SME clients.
If you feel you have the skills required to succeed in this challenging and rewarding role, please apply to email@example.com on or before the 4th December 2020. Start date in January 2021.